Need a little New Year inspiration? Check out the 22 Most Popular Posts from Hello Little Home for 2022! With everything from recipes to travel guides, this annual list is filled with creative ideas you’ll love!
Well, 2022 is officially in the books! And what a year it was … it definitely started out a little rocky, but I think it mostly finished strong.
As I wrap up all things 2022 here at Hello Little Home, I thought it would be interesting to take a look back at the recipes, travel guides, and tips that were the biggest crowd-pleasers.
I’ve been sharing ideas here for almost 10 years, and there are over 1000 posts on Hello Little Home! Many of these ideas you’ll find below are old favorites, but some are appearing on the most popular list for the first time. There are so many great ideas here, and I hope you’ll leave inspired!
Reading to take a peek? Then let’s get started …
22. 30 Delicious Ways to Use Pesto
If you’re looking for lots of creative Ways to Use Pesto (besides pasta), you’ll find over 30 ideas in this post!
21. Easy Chocolate Fondue
This Chocolate Fondue gets rave reviews, and it’s so simple and quick to prepare! Make it in minutes any time you’re craving a treat, and it’s perfect for special occasions, too.
20. Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup
Upgrade your morning coffee with this scrumptious Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup … so delish!
19. Garden District Walking Tour
If you’re headed to New Orleans, make sure to visit my favorite neighborhood! This Garden District Walking Tour will take you past all the beautiful mansions the area is know for.
18. Sourdough Bread Stuffing
This Sourdough Stuffing has the BEST taste and texture! Bookmark it for the holidays or make it anytime of year.
17. 2022 Oscar Ballot
It’s almost awards season! This 2022 Oscar Ballot was a must have last year … if you’re a movie lover, keep an eye for my 2023 Ballot coming soon (nominations come out on January 24).
16. Vegetable Barley Soup
This yummy Vegetable Barley Soup just might be my favorite … it’s super tasty, and it’s been a Hello Little Home favorite for years!
15. 70+ Creative Birthday Cake Alternatives
Throwing a party this year, but want to get a little creative? Then you’ll love these unique Birthday Cake Alternatives!
14. How to Plan a Big Move
I don’t want to brag, but I’m a master at moving (lol). My husband and I have moved across country multiple times (plus lots of local moves), and this article has all my best tips + a super helpful printable moving checklist!
13. Danish Puff
This homemade Danish Puff (aka Almond Kringle) is a total delight … it’s been a favorite in my family since I was a kid!
12. How to Roast Vegetables
Roasting is my favorite way to prepare veggies … so easy and so delicious! This Roasted Vegetables guide has an easy recipe, plus tons of helpful tips.
11. DIY Yard Games
It might be a bit chilly for hanging out outside at the moment, but if you make a few of these DIY Yard Games now, you’ll be totally prepared when the weather warms!
10. Walking the Brooklyn Bridge
Walking the Brooklyn Bridge is one of the BEST things to do in New York City, and this guide covers everything you need to know before you go!
9. Mom’s Mini Cherry Tarts
These scrumptious Cherry Tarts are another family favorite that readers can’t get enough of! You’ll love this easy recipe.
8. 20 Things to Do in Uptown Charlotte
Headed to North Carolina? This fun guide covers all the best things to do in Charlotte, specifically the city’s downtown!
7. Green Pizza
This amazing Green Pizza, which as been a Hello Little Home fave for years, is loaded with veggies, pesto, and feta and so full of flavor!
6. Stamped Cookies
Stamped Cookies are so fun to make and the results are beautiful! My recipe has all the tips you need for perfect results.
5. Mixed Berry Mini Trifles
I always know when summer is approaching, because these Mini Trifles become very popular! They make a wonderful summer dessert, but you make them year round, too.
4. Spiked Hot Chocolate
This tasty Spiked Hot Chocolate is the perfect fall / winter treat! Serve it with or without the alcohol so everyone can enjoy it.
3. Spiked Apple Cider
This Spiked Apple Cider is a wonderful hot drink for cold weather days! Make it with or without the alcohol so everyone can enjoy it.
2. Sweet Cinnamon Milk Tea
It doesn’t get much cozier than this tasty Sweet Cinnamon Milk Tea! This is ideal drink for a lazy afternoon or a few minutes of me time.
1. How to Make the Perfect Iced Coffee
Ta da … the most popular post on Hello Little Home this year was this How to Make Iced Coffee guide! I’m an Iced Coffee fanatic, and this recipe has all my favorite tips.
Top 10 New Posts from 2022
It typically takes new posts a while to catch on with Google and Pinterest (my top two traffic sources), which means that only one of my top 22 posts (the Oscar Ballot) was actually written in 2022!
I shared quite a few new recipes, guides, and other ideas in 2022 though, and the ten below were the most popular … perhaps they’ll show up in the top 23 next year!
- Exploring the Garden District … New Orlean’s Prettiest Neighborhood – If you enjoyed my Garden District Walking Tour (#19 on the list above), you love this guide, too! It has even more details on this lovely neighbhood.
- Overnight Oats with Yogurt – Learn how to make the creamiest oats ever with this simple recipes!
- Lemon Olive Oil Dressing – This is pretty much the easiest salad dressing you can make, and the bright flavor is super tasty.
- Instant Iced Coffee – Cold Coffee couldn’t be quicker to make with this no-brew method!
- Chocolate Banana Bread – This decadent Banana Bread is loaded with chocolate … a total treat!
- 28 Places to See Cherry Blossoms in the U.S. – Can’t make it to Washington, DC to see the cherry blossoms? You can actually find them all over the U.S.!
- Sourdough Grilled Cheese – This simple recipe is a major step up from your basic Grilled Cheese. So tasty!
- 30 Ways to Use Roasted Garlic – Love Roasted Garlic, but not sure how to use out? Check out this helpful guide, which has lots of creative ideas.
- Best Christmas Markets in New York City – NYC is magical at Christmastime, and the holiday markets are one of the best ways to enjoy the seasonal cheer!
- What to Eat with Hummus – If you’re a hummus lover, check out these creative ideas that go way beyond pita and veggies!
And that’s a wrap on 2022 … I hope you found something fun to check out here! Whether you’re a new follower or a long time reader, thank you so much for stopping by. All your questions, comments, likes, follows, etc. truly mean the world to me!
P.S. If you’re looking for more ideas, you can check out my most popular posts from 2013 to 2021 here (and 2019 here)!
Complete Guide To Vermont’s State Capital
Educational travel on the rise
A Guide to Exploring Copenhagen