To enter Chile, Australian citizens should get hold of a legitimate visa just before arrival.
With this visa, you can enter Chile for up to 90 days for leisure, sports, wellness, study, enterprise, household or other very similar applications.
You cannot continue to be on Easter Island (Isla de Pascua/Rapa Nui) for far more than 30 consecutive times.
If you are transiting through Chile, you will however require to utilize for a visa if the transit time is in excess of 8 several hours and you require to pass the immigration issue.
Entry and exit ailments can alter at small detect. Make contact with the Embassy or Consulate of Chile for details about visas, forex, customs and quarantine procedures.
Important information about the visa
It is crucial that you receive your permitted visa just before you arrive in Chile. The application system can consider a few weeks, so variable this in when applying for a visa and scheduling your travel.
If you arrive in Chile devoid of a legitimate visa, you will not be able to go the immigration position and will be despatched again to your final port of departure. You will not be able to get a visa at the airport or border entry position.
Applying for a visa
See E-visa para Australia (in Spanish) for visa specifications and the hyperlink to the application sort.
Visa programs can be lodged on-line directly on the On-line internet site (Spanish). You can decide on in between English and Spanish. When you have submitted your software, it will be reviewed by the Chilean Consulate you selected in the application.
The validity period of time of your vacationer visa is probable to be primarily based on the travel dates you outlined in your software form. Make positive you take into consideration this when selecting from the visa selections.
During the processing of the visa, you may well want to post supplemental details, including a deal with-to-confront job interview at the selected Chilean Consulate.
If the visa is granted, it’s going to be sent to the electronic mail registered during the application. Print the visa, as Immigration could request a challenging duplicate.
When travelling to Chile, you can get a vacationer card (paper) on arrival. You ought to hold the card and existing it to immigration officials when departing Chile. You can ask for a new copy on-line if your vacationer card is misplaced or stolen. For particular information and facts, go to the closest International Police (PDI) Business.
As outlined in the E-visa para Australia (in Spanish), the English translation of the specifications are as follows:
- Complete the on the web application form conveying the reason for the excursion and length of continue to be.
- If requesting a several entry visa, the ask for have to be duly justified by the applicant, specifying the range of entries.
- Upload a colour photograph with white track record, passport size (5×5 cm), and entire confront.
- A duplicate of your passport (identification web page).
- Resort reservation/lodging that can be verified or a letter of invitation signed ahead of a Chilean Notary, with the make contact with variety of the inviter.
- The invitation can be created by Chileans, foreigners with present immigration standing and providers. This ought to depth the reason, size of continue to be and ailments of the excursion of their guest, signed by the Chilean notary.
- Evidence of immigration standing in which you created the request.
- Proof of money (previous 3 bank statements or payslips exhibiting earnings).
- You might be requested to give a criminal record certification from your country of origin or residence (bare minimum residence of 2 yrs), apostilled and with 60 times validity. You can get a law enforcement certificate from the AFP web site (See Nationwide Police Checks) or the Legal Information part of your Point out or Territory law enforcement support. See Notarial Solutions in Australia or Notarial Services Overseas to get the document apostilled.
- Not owning a prohibition to enter Chile, according to current immigration polices.
- Candidates under 18 decades of age need to enter the region accompanied by their mum or dad, guardian or human being in charge of their private treatment (see ‘Other Formalities’).
Get be aware to usually refer to the on line info, as visa requirements can adjust at quick detect.
You can implement for a a single-off visa extension for up to 90 more times if demanded.
If you overstay your visa beyond the date indicated on your vacationer card (or approved visa extension), you may well have to pay out a good and experience troubles when leaving the place.
The APEC Enterprise Journey Card provides streamlined entry to a number of regional international locations if you routinely vacation for small business.
You could also be eligible to apply for a Momentary Residence, which enables you to keep in Chile for up to 2 years, or a Permit to Do the job as a Vacationer (matter to acquiring a function deal).
Vacation by means of New Zealand
If you’re travelling by way of New Zealand, you ought to take into account their entry needs, based on irrespective of whether you are transiting or getting into the country. See New Zealand vacation advice for the most up-to-day information.
Travel by using the United States
If you happen to be travelling through the US, you should meet rigid US entry and transit needs. This features transit through Hawaii or an additional US issue of entry.
Test your visa needs with a US embassy or consulate well in advance of your journey.
Entry into Chile
COVID-19 entry specifications to Chile can modify promptly and depend on Chile’s latest “Alerta Nivel” (Inform Level). Chile is presently on “Alerta Nivel 1”. For extra facts, refer to the ‘Fronteras’ area of the ‘Paso a Paso’ website.
To enter Chile, non-resident travellers have to have a person of the adhering to:
- A valid intercontinental COVID-19 vaccination certification or
- A negative PCR examination taken inside 48 hours of your flight departure (if not vaccinated).
You could also be randomly picked to just take a COVID-19 (PCR) exam on arrival.
If you’ve got been in China inside of the earlier 7 days, you have to present a destructive COVID-19 PCR exam final result taken inside of 48 hrs ahead of departure, and a COVID-19 (PCR) examination on arrival is necessary.
If your exam result is good, you must comply with quarantine and abide by-up reporting demands as indicated by the Chilean Ministry of Health.
When moving into Chile, all travellers need to total the Customs (Aduanas) and Agro-sanitary (SAG) declarations and checks.
If you are a dual-nationwide (Australian-Chilean) or a resident of Chile, you might be required to enter working with your Chilean ID paperwork (Chilean passport, or Chilean ‘cédula de identidad’).
Departure from Chile
Chile has no overall health restrictions to depart the country. You can verify the most up-to-date official info from the Chilean Federal government under ‘Fronteras’ at Program Paso a Paso and at the FAQ ‘Viajes y estado de fronteras.’
Study the requirements and limits of the location you are travelling to.
You may well face complications if you endeavor to leave Chile when you don’t keep a legitimate visa.
If you happen to be a twin-national (Australian-Chilean), you could be needed to depart applying your legitimate Chilean passport or Chilean ‘cédula de identidad’. If you did not have one on entry, you can apply for one through Registro Civil while in Chile to aid your departure.
Indonesia Travel Advice & Safety
Peru Travel Advice & Safety
Mexico travel advice – GOV.UK