Table of Contents
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Progress Office (FCDO) advises against all but necessary travel to:
The point out of Chihuahua other than:
- The town of Chihuahua
- The border crossing in Ciudad Juárez (accessed by federal toll highway 45)
- Federal toll highway 45D connecting the cities of Chihuahua and Ciudad Juárez
- The Copper Canyon rail route to/from Chihuahua and cities straight away on this route like Creel
- The highway from Creel via San Juanito to San Pedro
- State highway 16 from San Pedro to Chihuahua
The condition of Sinaloa other than:
- The towns of Los Mochis and Mazatlán
- Road 32 that runs involving El Fuerte and Los Mochis
- The 15D federal toll road that runs the length of the state
- The Copper Canyon rail route to/from Los Mochis/El Fuerte and the cities instantly on this route
The state of Zacatecas other than:
- Zacatecas Town accessed by air
The point out of Tamaulipas apart from:
- The border crossing at Nuevo Laredo accessed by federal toll road 85D from Monterrey
The state of Colima besides:
- The metropolis of Manzanillo attained by sea or air by means of the Manzanillo-Costalegre Global Airport
The point out of Guerrero except:
- The town of Acapulco accessed by the 95D federal toll road
- The town of Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa accessed by air
- The city of Taxco accessed by the 95D and 200D federal toll streets
The state of Michoacán apart from:
- The town of Morelia accessed by federal toll roadways 15D, 126 and 43
- The town of Pátzcuaro accessed by federal toll streets 14D and 15 from Morelia.
- The 15D toll highway
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Enhancement Place of work (FCDO) also advises in opposition to all but crucial vacation to the following parts within these states:
In the condition of Baja California:
the town of Tijuana, apart from
- Airside transit through Tijuana airport
- The Cross Border Xpress bridge from the airport linking terminals across the Mexican-US border.
- The federal toll street 1D and By way of Rápida by way of Tijuana to the border
the town of Tecate in Baja California (together with roadways involving Tijuana and Tecate)
(Observe: FCDO does not recommend in opposition to all travel or all but essential journey to any component of the state of Baja California Sur.)
In the condition of Guanajuato:
- the parts south west of the highway 45D
In the condition of Jalisco:
- the locations south and southwest of Lake Chapala to the border with the point out of Colima
- the northern municpalities of Hostotipaquillo, San Martin de Bolaños, Chimaltitán, Bolaños, Totatiche, Colotlán, Santa Maria de los Ángeles, Huejúcar, Villa Guerrero, Mezquitic and Huequilla el Alto
Before you travel, check the ‘Entry requirements’ section for Mexico’s existing entry constraints and specifications. These may possibly change with minimal warning. Monitor this assistance for the most up-to-date updates and stay in make contact with with your journey company.
If you prepare to go via an additional nation to return to the United kingdom, test the journey tips for the country you’re transiting.
The hurricane year normally runs from June to November and impacts both equally the Pacific and Atlantic coasts. Be informed that results of tropical storms and hurricanes can span hundreds of miles from the centre of the storm, triggering flooding, landslides and disruption to neighborhood providers, which include transportation. You must comply with the assistance of the nearby authorities. See Pure disasters
It is more vital than at any time to get travel insurance and test it gives enough address. See the FCDO’s assistance on overseas travel insurance plan.
If you enter Mexico by way of the visa on arrival plan, your passport will be stamped to clearly show how quite a few times you have been granted entry for. Look at the ‘Temporalidad’ area of the visa stamp for this information and facts. You do not have an automated ideal to the 180-working day utmost keep size. If you stay longer that you have been granted, you may be taken to the Immigration amenities even though they investigate, with the risk of remaining deported.
Make guaranteed you carry ID and applicable immigration paperwork with you at all periods. See Community rules and customs.
The security condition can pose a chance for foreigners. Be alert to the existence of avenue criminal offense as properly as serious violent crime like robbery, assault and car hijacking. Do not become included with medicine of any variety. Drug linked crime and violence is commonplace and is on the maximize. You ought to get particular treatment to prevent staying caught up in violence amongst felony groups. See Criminal offense and Violence.
The Mexican federal government helps make initiatives to protect big tourist locations. Even so, given that the starting of 2021, there have been several clashes among rival prison gangs in common vacationer destinations in Cancun and encompassing spots. Although tourists have not been the target, everyone in the vicinity of an incident could be affected. See Principal tourist locations.
Protests routinely have an affect on Mexico City and other pieces of the region. You need to steer clear of demonstrations and adhere to the assistance of the local authorities if you are in an location the place a protest is having spot. See Political condition.
While there is no the latest background of terrorism in Mexico, assaults can’t be dominated out. See Terrorism.
If you’re overseas and you need unexpected emergency assistance from the British isles govt, get hold of the nearest British embassy, consulate or superior fee.